You ruined my life with the trailer and I hate you!
These are the words my daughter yelled at me last night. I have heard these words before (from both kids) but they still burn. Last week I shared the 5 Things I Miss Most. Here is my kids’ version.
My Kids’ Top Ten Complaints About Life in a Trailer
- I have no room of my own.
- I don’t have all my toys!
- See #2 but insert games, books, or videos.
- We never do anything fun!
- I miss my friends!
- I miss having a normal house. (Usually whined with a return reference to #1.)
- Road trips are boring!
- Homeschool stinks and you (Me) are a terrible teacher.
- I miss Wi-Fi, e.g. online play with friends, Netflix, YouTube, etc.
- I’m forced to spend time with you (already established Worst Mother Ever) and Daddy!
Now I could take issue with a few of the above. Anyone who has seen our IG stream know that they do indeed go fun places and are far from bored. Despite the hyperbole, however, they have legitimate frustrations. We did take them out of a life they knew and mostly loved. We have asked them to sacrifice space and comforts, as well as leaving behind friends. This part hurts me. I believe that in the long run, they will end up ahead and happy they did this. I hope so. In the meantime, I guess I’ll have to accept being hated every now and then.